Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

I got a bike! (But it's on layaway.)


I really should have snapped a photo of my new bike. It's purple and silver, rides like a gazelle, and is sitting in the basement of Velo, in Capitol Hill.

What I wouldn't give to have some patience. Walking away without my new bike reminded me of my mom and sister. We used to do layaway at the Port Orchard K Mart to purchase new school clothes and Christmas gifts ages and ages ago...back when we paid by the minute to speak long-distance to our family in Jersey. Times were so different then for my parents, but here I have found myself in a similar situation.

The feeling I had made me appreciate my mom even more than I already do. And in 2-weeks, when I'm riding around town in my dorky helmet and new fly ride, I can thank her for being so damn awesome back then.

No comments: